Regenerative thermal oxidizers, or RTOs, are the most common models of thermal oxidizers. A sturdy system helps control air pollution by eliminating volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and hazardous air pollutants (HAPs) from industrial facilities efficiently.
VOCs are usually human-made chemicals with high vapour pressure and low water solubility. They include a variety of chemicals that are often components of hydraulic fluids, dry cleaning agents, petroleum fuels, pesticides and paint thinners. HAPs, also known as air toxics, are pollutants suspected to cause serious health risks or damaging environmental effects.
Examples include methylene chloride, cadmium, perchloroethylene, chromium, asbestos, mercury, benzene and lead compounds.
Air pollution control is a significant challenge in many industrial facilities as they have to follow strict regulations handling dangerous emissions. Regenerative thermal oxidation equipment destroys poisonous pollutants through thermal combustion and transforms them into CO2 and water.
Adequate air pollution control is significant in manufacturing plants. There is a vast array of thermal oxidisers in the market, so choosing the right technology can be tricky.
When buying a TO (thermal oxidiser) is crucial to remember the three main factors of effective thermal combustion. Temperature, time and turbulence – the three T’s. While the temperature needs to be high to ignite the gas, time ensures the right amount of time for the combustion reaction to occur.
The turbulence factor is the combination of dangerous gases with combustion air. Thermal oxidizers must be chosen based on industry, performance, operating costs, features and reliability. In a world with several potential control technologies to choose from, companies must understand their options which are:
• Regenerative thermal oxidizers
• Flameless regenerative thermal oxidizer
• Ventilation air methane thermal oxidizer
• Induced Draft Systems
• Thermal recuperative oxidizers
• Natural Gas Injection (NGI)
• Biomass-fired thermal oxidizer
• Induced Draft System
• Fluidised bed concentrator
• Catalytic oxidizer
• Regenerative and recuperative catalytic oxidizer
A flameless regenerative thermal oxidizer is cost-effective and guarantees stable procedures
Flameless regenerative thermal oxidizer, or FTO, uses a thermal treatment called flameless oxidation for the decomposing of hazardous gases and vapours. These are a considerable part of waste treatment processes in various industrial operations. Regenerative thermal oxidiser efficiency is field-proven, cost-effective and high-performance.
Obtaining desired levels of organic compound destruction temperature, time and turbulence, must be achieved simultaneously.
In FTO, the quick chemistry of premixed combustion at ordinary temperature results in the mixing of the gases before they reach the reaction zone. Regenerative thermal oxidizer manufacturers guarantee 99% destruction removal efficiency and stable procedure. This equipment is striking for its speed, consistency, success and manageable thermal response in widely varying processes.
How regenerative thermal oxidation equipment works?
Regenerative thermal oxidizer manufacturers developed a popular model of air pollution control equipment designed for industrial applications. The formation of the air systems is focusing more on fuel savings, energy efficiency, high performance and operational safety. The pollutant destruction procedure begins with pushing exhaust fumes into the RTO using a high-pressure supply fan.
Then inlet switch valves propel the polluted air into one of the energy recovery canisters. The air advances through the first heat exchanger, where heat is absorbed from the ceramic media. The preheated air then travels into the combustion chamber, where is held at a high temperature close to that needed for oxidation.
The combustion chamber destroys pollutants and carries clean air through the second chamber, where ceramic media absorbs the heat. RTO equipment then distributes clean air back into the environment.
While their thermal efficiencies range anywhere from 82% to 97%, their destruction efficiencies are 99%. Operating costs depend on multiple things, such as system design complexity, thermal efficiency, model and exhaust temperature, to name a few.
The most important benefits of using regenerative thermal oxidizers in your industrial facility
Regenerative thermal oxidizer efficiency is just one of the benefits of this advanced technology. This procedure is becoming more important for energy conservation and waste gas cleaning. It allows industrial facilities to obey rigorous regulations while operating at lower costs. Flameless regenerative thermal oxidizer employs innovative thermal efficiency technology which offers a set of benefits such as:
- High hazardous air pollutants and volatile organic compounds destruction rates
- By-products include only water, heat and carbon dioxide
- The machines are incredibly reliable and have a long life
- The reuse of the heat generated as part of the destruction process results in low operating costs.
- Polluted gas is preheated before entering the oxidation chamber, which makes the process energy-efficient
- Regenerative thermal oxidizer manufacturers can design the equipment to grow with the company.
- Uncomplicated design with numerous components rarely requires any maintenance or repairs.
- Under the right circumstances, they can achieve as much as 97% heat recovery.
- Various features improved their functionality and overall performance.
- With high exhaust air volumes, incredible properties and low dangerous pollutant concentration, industrial equipment can be used in different factories